Changing Places in Banbury
What is a changing place?
Changing places are not the same as standard disabled toilets, they are needed by people with profound learning or physical disabilities. They provide a safe, clean environment with enough space and the right equipment for people to use the toilet.
This comprises of:
- Height adjustable adult-sized changing bench
- Tracking hoist system, or mobile hoist if this is not possible
- Adequate space in the changing area for the disabled person and up to two carers
- Centrally placed toilet with room either side
- Screen or curtain to allow some privacy
- Wide tear off paper roll to cover the bench
- Large waste bin for disposable pads
- Non-slip floor
At preset, there are no changing places in Banbury. We are on a mission to change that!
We are raising awareness for the need of this facility in Banbury and have been featured on BBC Radio Oxford and the Banbury Guardian.
Wheelchair friendly equipment in Banbury’s parks
We hope some wheelchair accessible swings and roundabouts can be included in Spiceball Park in the near future.